Top 5 Reasons to Take a Short-Term Mission Trip
5. Your group will grow closer. Going on a trip is fun! Seeing new things, having new adventures, tasting new foods and experiencing life together draws people closer.
4. You will be stretched. You will see things that you do not see on a regular basis. You will meet people that you may not talk to in your everyday life. While the experiences themselves will grow you, having time set aside for the Lord is a growing experience. Anytime you separate yourself from the day-to-day and push yourself to focus on God and others, you have an opportunity to experience the Lord in new ways.
3. You help long-term missionaries. Short-term mission groups can often accomplish tasks that a small staff of ministers and volunteers cannot do themselves.
2. You may commit long term. Everyone experiences missions differently. Sometimes it takes a short-term mission trip for a person to grow in their worldview or form a passion for a group of people that will open their eyes to the calling God has for them.
1. God commands us to “Go.” Sharing the gospel is part of what Christians are commanded to do. Romans 10:14 says,” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?”
New Orleans is an incredible place to do short-term missions. There are lots of new foods, fun things to see and needs to be met. If you are looking for a place to serve, visit us as www.missionlab.com and plan your trip to New Orleans!
Emily Tillman | Staff Writer